I am pleased to share with everyone our new deadlines for priority admission for both schools in Cary and Plano. As we approach the start of another school year, we are offering priority admission associated with special registration fees. The admissions timeline is below.
- From June 1-July 7th, the one-time registration fees would be $50.
- From July 8th-August 11th, the one-time registration fees would be $150.
- From August 12th on, the one-time registration fees would resume the normal $250
Our admissions process is online. Parents can simply click our ADMISSIONS LINK to begin the admissions process.
We are thrilled to see our schools growing and are please to offer this priority admissions incentive.
This summer, as part of our regular school day, children at The Grove School will go on an eco-adventure. This amazing introduction to ecology focuses on five major biomes of the world—deserts, forests, grasslands, tundra and water.
Throughout this science-based program, children will explore the characteristics of each biome’s plant and animal populations. They’ll also learn proactive steps they can take to care for and protect the environment around them.
We’ll use math, literacy, science, writing, drama and art experiences to investigate these fascinating parts of our planet. And there will be lots of ways for parents to encourage ongoing learning about the biomes at home and in the community.
- The program runs from Monday, June 7 through Friday August 27, 2010 at both our Cary, NC and Plano, TX schools.
- There is no extra fee for the program. It’s a part of The Grove School’s regular school-day curriculum.
- We encourage parents to sign up now for the program, but you can enroll your child in The Grove School anytime throughout the summer months for them to be a part of this experience.
What Your Kids Will Learn About
Check out these articles about each of the biomes we’ll study:
It’s time to celebrate the opening of our schools!
Join us on:
Wednesday, February 24th in PLANO
Thursday, February 25th in CARY
We’ll have kids’ activities running throughout the day (from 10AM-7PM). And school and community leaders will be on hand to answer questions. We’re thrilled to be in these communities and hope that you’ll join us in celebration.
Feel free to stop by at a time that works best for you. We’ll post more details and a complete schedule soon.
Sample Schedule of Events
- Celebration of opening lead by Ty Durekas, our president
- School tour lead by the heads of school
- Storytelling and teacher lead activities
- “Skyped” introductions from sister school via the Teach Smart Board
- Hatch smartboard overview (how it’s used in the classroom and benefits)
- Lunch buffet catered by Whole Foods
- Pre-school fair (meet and greet and lots of fun activities for the kids)
- School tour lead by the Head of School
- Curriculum overviews lead by our education managers (focus on Healthy Mind)
- Outdoor classroom tour and activity (focused on Healthy Planet)
- Nutritional snack and intro to Healthy Body
- Overview of technology in the classroom
Will I see you give
More than I can take?
Will I only harvest some?
As the days fly past
Will we lose our grasp
Or fuse it in the sun?
Did she wake you up
To tell you that
It was only a change of plan?
Dream up, dream up,
Let me fill your cup
With the promise of a man.
–Neil Young, Harvest
I believe that part of parenting is planning for a harvest. If we plant the seeds, nurture the growth, and support the essence of experiential life direction through learning into adulthood, then the issues of our time–energy conservation, sustainability, and consideration of loving oneself and others–will not be a function of choice but a part of life itself.